Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Taking Care of Yourself

To answer the question of how well you’re loving yourself, ask yourself the following question: Do you spend a lot of time focusing on other people’s problems? It’s much easier to focus on the problem of others than to deal with our own flaws.Maybe we look at others than to deal with our own flaws. Maybe we looks at other people’s problem because we are truly concerned with their well-being. Or we do it because we feel responsible for other people-more responsible, even than we feel for ourselves.If you develop a good, caring, honest relationship with yourself, you will be able to help others when they need it. When you take a good care of yourself and your emotional life, you allow others to see you as a model of self-love. You automatically pass it around If you want to have a positive influence on your friends or family, do it by setting an example through your own behaviour.

Collin Mortensen of Chicken Soup For The Soul.

Luna: Sometimes I do think I focus more to other’s people problem more than my own well being. True to say, I quite a caring person. I can’t help being so concern about others especially somebody who are very close to me. Nowadays, I have the feeling that I also need to take care my own self. If I don’t appreciate myself who else will appreciate me?

Yep, it is easy to look into other people problem and their flaws rather than our own imperfection.To look into yourself, you must see it through the mirror.The nearest mirror is your friend, try to see yourself from their eyes.You will get some input.


Yes, I do feel responsible towards my family,my friends and people around me.But as the time passed, I realized that as long as that person able to take care himself / herself ,no need for me to meddle into their own affairs.I have to look at myself now, whether I take a good care of myself and my emotional life.Only after I assured that I’m taking care of myself properly then I can give my best to others. I’m trying to be realistic.You see ya,if you yourself looks so vulnerable and disorganize how you gonna help others?That’s the idea.Yes, you can help others but not to the extent you deprive your own need. What I wanna do is I want to be fair to myself.

Furthermore, my friends always said to me: “We always think about others, but do they really care about us?” They got the point.Only appreciate people who appreciate us, forget about those who don’t.Life is too short and friends are too few.

No comments: